[Mailman-Users] can I use a mailman list address as a (qmail)sender address?

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Tue Feb 7 18:28:29 CET 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Larry Stone writes:
>
> > Why do you want to reply to email addressed to the list as the list rather
> > than as you. That is not the way lists are normally used (e.g. I am
> > replying to mail sent to this list as myself, not as the list).
>
> Yup.  But he explained this.  The list is the public face of a
> committee, and at least some outgoing mail should appear to be from
> the committee.

I must have missed where he mentioned that.

I started to wonder about about setting it as an anonymous list but that
would affect all posts - both from user to the committee as well as
lists - one for the users to send to that is normal and a second that the
committee replies via that is anonymous and has the main list as its only
member (I think this is an umbrella list but having never used umbrella
lists, I'm unsure).

-- Larry Stone
    lstone19 at stonejongleux.com