[Mailman-Users] can I use a mailman list address as a (qmail)sender address?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 6 18:48:57 CET 2012

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+Plesk>.

>Anyone another idea? Again,I need the VERY SAME address for the
>SMTP account because only then will replies to incoming messages
>(through the mailing list) automatically select the correct sender
>profile in Thunderbird and other mailers. If I use a different
>name for the SMTP account, the mailers of the list users will
>always select the default profile for replies which is exactly
>what I want to avoid.

How is it that my MUA is going to select a profile for a reply to a
list message based on whether or not the list address is a user on
your server? How does my MUA even know whether an address like
dtest at mydomain.com is a real user or a Mailman list?