[Mailman-Users] Digest growing to infinity

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Dec 10 14:32:52 CET 2012

Jan Krohn writes:

 > The Japanese list however is behaving extremely strange. I'm not sure
 > whether this is a bug or misconfiguration on my side.

It's not due to it being Japanese.  I've run Japanese lists for years
with no such effect.

 > The digest being sent out is the same one every day, and the new posts are
 > just appended to it.

That's incorrect, and it sounds like the digest file is not being
deleted properly.  Deleting a file requires write access to the
containing directory, not to the file, so it's possible for the file
to be appendable but not deletable.

Ask the host to run Mailman's check_perms script.