[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: mailman postfix ldap virtual user

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Dec 10 11:19:26 CET 2012

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Gökhan Alkan wrote:

> I uncomment the dovecot line in master.cf and virtual_transport = dovecot.
> But it doesn't work, Why postfix doesn't handle alias_maps when the email
> is delivered to virtual domains ?

Do you have your domain in either virtual_alias_domains or
virtual_mailbox_domains, or mentioned in a file/resource pointed at by
either virtual_alias_maps or virtual_mailbox_maps?

If Postfix doesn't think your domain is virtual, it won't look in
virtual_alias_maps for the address.

The config you recently posted seemed a bit mixed up, with hosts/domains
mentioned in multiple configuration variables.  As a general rule, a
domain should only be mentioned once in any of mydestinations
(locally-deliverable mail), virtual_*_domains (other hosted domains that
are not local) and relay_domains (domains you relay somewhere else).

I think that perhaps you don't have a clear understanding of Postfix
address classes and what each is used for.  I recommend reading

If your Mailman domain has no mailboxes, you can put it in either
virtual_alias_domains or in a virtual_alias_maps file.  If you want
mailboxes too, use the virtual_mailbox_* equivalents (I use this for
everything personally).

HTH,
Geoff.