[Mailman-Users] some messages sent are not archived

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 7 18:10:36 CET 2012

On 12/6/2012 1:51 AM, Fernando Pérez Cos wrote:

> Therefore, I changed the privacy options, sender filters. The
> member_moderation_action was in "Discard" and I changed it to "Hold".
>
> I sent the message again and I could see it at "Tend to pending moderator
> requests". I accepted it and it was sent.
>
> However, it seems that subscribers have received the three messages, even
> though, in the archive, there's only one message and not the other three.
> Can anyone tell me why this happen and how to avoid itin the future?

Presumably, all the messages were posts from a moderated member and the
first two were discarded and the third held per
member_moderation_action. The held and approved post was archived and
delivered, and the other posts were discarded and not archived.

Everything seems OK except you say that the discarded and not archived
posts were delivered to list members. I don't know how Mailman could
have done this. Can you post the complete headers from one of the posts
as received by a list member?

What's in Mailman's 'vette' and 'post' logs?