[Mailman-Users] Mailman needs 20 seconds to complete per email

Stefan Foerster cite at incertum.net
Mon Dec 3 07:16:37 CET 2012

Hello Karsten,

* Karsten Becker <karsten.becker at ecologic.eu>:
> What I can see in the mail.log is, that the incoming email towards a
> mailing list gets transported nearby "at once" from Postfix to Mailman.
> Then I see nothing in the Mailman logs for 20 seconds. Then Mailman
> prints out these message shown below and nearby "at once" I see the
> email in mail.log going out via Postfix.

if you want this debugged properly, we will need:

1. postconf -n output, as well as master.cf excerpts of the smtpd
   services you access
2. postfix logs from a posting that get's delayed, if possible,
   delivery "from outside" to mailman and from mailman back to
   postfix
3. the corresponding mailman log

All logs should contain the timestamps. Without full logs there is no
way we can help you solve this.

Cheers
Stefan