[Mailman-Users] Mailman needs 20 seconds to complete per email

Karsten Becker karsten.becker at ecologic.eu
Sun Dec 2 16:50:14 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks for your answers. Maybe I have misunderstood the architecture.

What I can see in the mail.log is, that the incoming email towards a
mailing list gets transported nearby "at once" from Postfix to Mailman.
Then I see nothing in the Mailman logs for 20 seconds. Then Mailman
prints out these message shown below and nearby "at once" I see the
email in mail.log going out via Postfix.

So, how/why could a Postfix configuration setting be the cause...?
Postfix, as far as I can see it in mail.log, is handling the email fast
as hell.

This question is definitely not for ranting - I'm just trying to
understand correctly how everything works together to find the
"brake"...  ;-)

It the meantime I have opened a dedicated port for Mailman at my Postfix
for re-injection, without a second unneeded round through Amavis & Co. -
but this didn't help either.

Regards
Karsten