[Mailman-Users] data/aliases is created by mailman? or manually?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 29 03:04:34 CEST 2012

Thufir wrote:

>In going through an Ubuntu guide:

As I said in another reply, see <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

[...]
>is data/aliases created by mailman?  Or, do I manually create that file?

If you put

MTA = 'Postfix'

in mm_cfg.py, Mailman creates/updates aliases and aliases.db. As long
as the timestamp on aliases.db is equal or more recent than that on
aliases, you can probably assume that Postfix's postalias command did
the right thing in updating aliases.db from aliases.

>  How do I know that the aliases are correct?

Look at the aliases file.