[Mailman-Users] RTFM gate_news

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:41:42 CEST 2012

On 08/27/2012 12:25 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Thufir wrote:
>
>> Where is the documentation for mailman gate_news and how is it configured?
>

> gate_news is run periodically (default, every 5 minutes) by cron to
> retrieve messages from gatewayed news groups and post them to the
> associated mail lists. There is no configuration for gate_news itself.
> All the configuration is done via the mailing list. Once you have a
> working Mailman web UI, go to a list's admin Mail<->News gateways
> Section at a URL like
> http://example.com/mailman/admin/LISTNAMR/gateway and read the
> "Details for" links for all the settings.

Ah, that's very informative, thank you!  I thought I would have to setup
cron, but that part's done already, probably :)

I can browse to http://localhost/ and apache is there, running fine.

However,

http://localhost/mailman/admin/  doesn't bring up anything.  I'm looking
at the wiki, and not sure how proceed on that.  While I'm using the FQDN
dur.bounce.net in mm_cfg.py for the url and e-mail host, that FQDN won't
resolve (is that the correct term?).

I'm just doing everything on localhost.

thanks,

Thufir