[Mailman-Users] Mailman Problems under OSX Lion

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Aug 21 11:52:34 CEST 2012

Brad Knowles writes:

 > However, I am starting to wonder if this kind of stuff going away
 > is not part of an overall effort to dumb-down OS X so that it can
 > be unified with iOS.

Could be, but in that case I would expect that their strategy is to
completely eliminate server support, and try to get MacUsers to use
iCloud to provide all server services.

And they can use all the GPLed code they want in the iCloud, and noone
need ever even know....

 > I do recall some slips at the WWDC Keynote address where it was
 > referred to as "iOS X" by a couple of people....  At least, it does
 > make me wonder how something like Mailman could be re-written to
 > work effectively on something like iOS.

Mailman would be fine, if they'd allow us to port Python to iOS.  The
problem would be the MTA.