[Mailman-Users] How to disable notifications to moderator and ownerof pending posts?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 21 04:29:10 CEST 2012

Mikael Jokela wrote:

>I have a list configuration question. I would like to totally disable
>email notifications for a list regarding pending posts. The list
>moderator or admin would login to the admindb page from time to time
>regardless any notifications. The moderator and admin would get
>notifications of membership requests and such but none of pending
>posts.
>
>I can't find a configuration parameter for this. How would you do this?

There is no configuration for this. Notifications about posts are
treated the same as notices about subscription requests.

You can turn off the immediate notices for a list by setting General
Options -> admin_immed_notify to No. You can turn off daily summary
notices for ALL lists by removing the cron/checkdbs entry from
Mailman's crontab.

Anything else requires modifying code.