[Mailman-Users] Mailman Problems under OSX Lion

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Aug 20 21:27:30 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 21:39 +0300, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Brad Knowles wrote:
>
> > I've got a copy of Mountain Lion server (it's only $20), and the code in
> > question is Python, so it has to be shipped as source.  So, if we want
> > their changes, it's easy enough to get them.
>
> Actually, it doesn't have to be shipped as source.  They could ship just
> the .pyc files.

The GPL only requires that the source be "made available", yes?  So
functionally the .pyc files would be adequate for all but a few files
such as Defaults.py, with the full .py source withheld pending a
specific request for it, as prescribed by the GPL.  Doing this would
minimize redundancy and would make sense, from the point of view of a
proprietary software vendor such as Apple.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The difference between a duck is because
FMP Computer Services |    one leg is both the same"