[Mailman-Users] Alternatives for Yahoo Groups like Web Features

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Tue Aug 7 18:16:22 CEST 2012

I am looking for some suggestions on how to provide some
Yahoo Group like web features for some existing mailing
lists. I run a variety of mailings lists related to building
energy performance on the onebuilding.org web site using
mailman and hosted by dreamhost. For some of the mailing
lists, users would like to have access to some additional
web capabilities similar to what Yahoo Groups provides. I am
looking for suggestions for web based systems to provide
some of these additional capabilities that are open-source.
The kinds of additional features are:

a) a way for designated members to upload files that others
can download

b) a way for designated members to add events to a shared
calendar that anyone can see

c) a way to conduct simple polls to gauge interest in topics

d) a way for members to add links to a page to build up a
library of good links

e) a way to create a FAQ page

f) perhaps a wiki-like way to create and edit pages in a
freeform basis

What I am looking for are suggestions on what has worked
well together with an existing mailing list. What have
others used and found easy to administer and easy for list
members to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

--
Jason Glazer, P.E., GARD Analytics, 90.1 ECB chair