[Mailman-Users] Gmail "features"

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed Aug 8 16:08:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:09:22 +0200
Lucio Crusca <lucio at sulweb.org> wrote:

Hello Lucio,

>Brad Rogers writes:
>> Send: smtp.foo.bar
>Does that mean that I must have an external (from my mailman server
>point of view) smtp server? That would explain everything, but that

I believe so, yes.  I only run one list, and don't have sufficient
access rights to "play" with this to find out.  Like you, I have limited
funds, so can't buy my list out of this situation.

>> Reply to: list.foo.bar
>Already done since when I created my lists (I almost always set
>"reply_goes_to_list" option to the list itself, unrespectful of big
>warnings mailman shows about reply-to munging considered harmful).

I don't set it, but there are arguments both for and against.  It's up
to each of us to make up our own minds.

>> See http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2012-July/002752.html
>> and a few surrounding messages for some context.
>I've read the whole thread, thanks. Unfortunately it does not reply to
>my questions above, but maybe you have undestood the exact meaning of
>those words.

Yes, we were diverging from the real subject of the thread, and I never
pursued the matter any further.

--
 Regards  _
Black man got a lot of problems, but he don't mind throwing a brick