[Mailman-Users] Gmail "features"

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Tue Aug 7 14:44:09 CEST 2012

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 12:19:41 -0000
"Lucio Crusca" <lucio at sulweb.org> wrote:

Hello Lucio,

>Like I said, I suspect it depends on the list. My current best guess is
>that older lists (i.e. the ones that had been created before some time
>in the past) don't hit the infamous feature, while newer ones do.

Gmail has *always* been that way.  There is a workaround.  Maybe it is
employed (if only by accident) on the lists you mention.  It is required
that the list be set up with the following;

Receive: list.foo.bar
Send: smtp.foo.bar

and then add the header;

Reply to: list.foo.bar

I got this from another list I'm subbed to, have never done it myself so
can't say for sure it's correct, but have no reason to doubt the source.

See http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2012-July/002752.html
and a few surrounding messages for some context.

--
 Regards  _
Kill joy, bad guy, big talking, small fry