[Mailman-Users] Mailman stopworking...help! (Progress?)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 01:23:55 CEST 2012

Hello Mark,

Everything seem to be working now! thanks!  However i will like to know the
implication of what i have done so far:

1   Will there be any security treat that i may experience for removing all
smtpd_recipient_restrictions  ?
2  For mailman to be delivered to memebers at mail.fossfa.net, i had for
create a user member on the local server, now i will be having over 20
lists on this server, is this the same procedure i will be taking for all
the new lists? if yes is there any security/server resource implication to
doing it this way?

Thanks once again for all the help...looking forward to your response.

Regards

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>wrote:

> To further add to the info, i now observe that mails sent to
> mailman at mail.mydomain.net gets dilivered however mails sent do
> members at mail.mydomain.net replies with : Recipient address rejected: User
> unknown in local recipient table (state 14).
>
> The members list was created using this proceed:
> http://debiantutorials.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/mailman-with-postfix-configuration-2/
>
> I think there is progress now?
>
> Cheers!
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey Mark,
>>
>> Here is what i get now:  Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
>> local recipient table (state 14).
>>
>> Any idea?

>>> biff = no
>>> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
>>> config_directory = /etc/postfix
>>> html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
>>> inet_interfaces = all
>>> mail_name = MAIL SERVER
>>>
>>> mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
>>> mailbox_size_limit = 0
>>> mydestination = mail.mydomain.net, localhost.mydomain.net, localhost
>>>
>>> myhostname = mail.mydomain.net
>>> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
>>> myorigin = /etc/mailname
>>>
>>> readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
>>> recipient_delimiter = +
>>> relayhost =
>>> smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtp_scache
>>> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
>>> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
>>> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
>>> smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
>>> smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
>>> smtpd_use_tls = yes

**alt email: <goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng*