[Mailman-Users] Bounce identity

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 27 00:19:41 CEST 2012

Ken Blake wrote:

>I am using Mailman as newsletter/announcement/one-way list as described
>in http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030685.  There are
>only about 200 names in my list.  I have explored the various options in
>bounce processing, but still cannot figure out a way to determine (1) if
>any of my list names are bouncing, and (2) if so, which ones are
>bouncing, so that I can correct them.  Any advice?  Thanks, Ken Blake.

First, make sure all the owner notifications on the Bounce processing
page are set to Yes.

If you have access to Mailman's logs on the server, look at the
'bounce' log.

If not, the only way to know is a user is bouncing without waiting for
the user's delivery to be disabled is to visit each user's options
page (say from the web admin Membership list) and see if there's a
bounce warning on the page.

Also, if you do have access to the server, you may be interested in
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/get_bounce_info.py>.