[Mailman-Users] Mailman and cpanel - opinions?

David dave at fiteyes.com
Tue Apr 24 03:21:34 CEST 2012

We just switched to a new VPS host for our mailing lists. I was expecting a
standard Mailman installation. Instead, we got a cpanel installation. All
the Mailman stuff is moved around. Is it much different administering
Mailman in the cpanel installation? I have never used cpanel. Normally, I
just SSH into a server and do what needs to be done on the command line. I
prefer that.

Should we expect any problems in the future if we want to migrate to a
"normal" Mailman installation without cpanel (e.g., apt-get install mailman
on Ubuntu)? Can anyone who has experience in this area offer some opinions?
Should we stick with this unexpected cpanel version of Mailman or will we
regret it later?

I'm guessing that cpanel uses exim instead of postfix. I'm not sure how to
find out (other than ask the host), but that is unexpected too. I was
expecting postfix.

I appreciate any thoughts.