[Mailman-Users] problem with people subscribing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 23 03:19:16 CEST 2012

"mike" wrote:

>I've ben admistering mailman for several years now. But ran into an odd
>issue today. I had a customer come to me and they have a mailing list
>blah at blah.com
>
>when they have people use blah-subscribe at blah.com the people are getting
>access denied errors i've checked all the settings am i over looking
>something?

What is your MTA? How does it deliver to Mailman? Does it use aliases
and if so, do you have all 9 of the blah-*@blah.com aliases as well as
the blah at blah.com one?

What exactly do you mean by an "access denied" error? Do you mean they
mail to blah-subscribe at blah.com, get a confirmation message and then
get an http 401 when attempting to visit the URL in the confirmation
message? If so, is this different than from a subscribe attempt from
the form on the listinfo page.

Does this work for other lists?

Can they visit other list web pages like the listinfo, admin and
admindb pages and if so, is the domain in the URLs they use for those
pages the same as in the confirmation URL?