[Mailman-Users] multiple footers accumulating on messagesas discussion progresses - how to eliminate all but the last mailmanfooter?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 21 06:18:12 CEST 2012

David Andrews wrote:

>Remember that top posting isn't the evil thing that some of you think
>it is, in some communities.  There are legitimate reasons for doing
>it, just like there are for bottom posting -- but you wouldn't know
>that in the Linux world.

I agree, and I would never argue that top-posting is never appropriate,
but I submit that for an email discussion list with archives and
especially with digests where people routinely top-post, that little
if anything would be lost and much would be gained if every post were
stripped of all the quotes.

Part of the problem is MUAs that default to top posting over a quote of
the entire message being replied to, and the users of those MUA's
don't even know it's happening because they never read past the first
signature.