[Mailman-Users] multiple footers accumulating on messages as discussion progresses - how to eliminate all but the last mailman footer?

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Apr 21 05:17:11 CEST 2012

At 03:56 PM 4/19/2012, you wrote:
>I'm not sure what you call the long tail of footers that accumulates on
>messages, but I would like to eliminate all prior footers (from the same
>list). When the new reply goes out, it should include only one footer. BTW,
>we're using full personalization and one link in the footer is like this:
>%(user_optionsurl)s
>
>We could wrap the footer in a tag of some type if that would help. Any
>suggestions? I would think this is a common request, but I can't find any
>mention of it anywhere.

I would love, love, love a feature that would eliminate the trail of
footers from a replied-to list message.  I run about 200 lists that
serve the blind community, and we tend to prefer top posting.  It is
easier to find the new content.  So getting rid of footers in chains
where people reply, and reply to that ... would be great, if
possible..  It would also clean up digests some, it would also be
nice if digests had some kind of navigation between original messages.

Dave