[Mailman-Users] Content filtering and HTML emails. Bug?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 20 22:11:45 CEST 2012

David <dave at fiteyes.com> wrote:

>To reproduce:
>
>1. Turn content filtering on, but set plain text conversion to NO:
>
>Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text: No
>
>2.  Send html emails through the list using web-based gmail on each end.

Is text/html in the pass_mime_types content filtering setting?

Is collapse_alternatives set to No?

I suspect that one or both of those is not the case, and setting them
will solve your problem.

I further suspect that collapse_alternatives is the issue. Gmail
creates a multi-part alternative message with a text/plain alternative
containing Gmail's conversion of the HTML and a text/html alternative
containing the HTML.

If collapse_alternatives is Yes, Mailman simply replaces the
multipart/alternative part with the first (i.e.text/plain) alternative.