[Mailman-Users] mailman configuration issue with a functionalpostfix server

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Fri Sep 2 16:30:55 CEST 2011

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:01:39 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

> You mention having Unix users for the list addresses.  Get rid of
> these.  Unix users must exist on a real machine, not on a virtual
> host.  At best they're irrelevant, almost certainly they're confusing
> you, and at worst they can be a security risk.  You are getting "user
> unknown" messages because Postfix (or possibly Mailman, but that is
> less likely) is misconfigured, not because Unix is.

No, they are virtual user.

>  > > > I have created a list and can sent there subscription
>  > > > request.
>
> For some functions, Mailman requires that a site list name "mailman"
> be present.  Unless you have patched Mailman, that list is necessary
> and must have that name.  Have you created that list?  (AFAIK this
> can't be responsible for "User unknown" errors, though.)

Yes mailman site is created at the beginning

>  > I have created a list and also
>  > copy paste the suggested aliases at /etc/aliases and executed "newalias"
>  > command.
>
> This probably will not be enough, as those aliases are for the real host,
> and AFAIK should not be visible on the virtual host(s).  You will need
> virtual addresses that redirect list traffic to those aliases.

adding the list domain at mydestinaton at main.cf allows me to send mail
without error. But now a new problem is

Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request typo3". Command output: Failure to
    exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 65533.