[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman - User unknown in virtual mailboxtable

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Fri Sep 2 16:16:33 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 06:56:28 -0700
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> J. Bakshi wrote:
> >
> >This is an operational mail server supporting multidomain and based
> >on postfix+dovecot+mysql.  The virtual domain related config at main.cf
> >is as below
> >
> >[....]
> >alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
> >
> >#########################################
> >## virtual domain setting
> >#########################################
> >virtual_alias_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
> >virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf
> >virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
> >virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-domains.cf
> >virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf
> >virtual_transport = dovecot
> >dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
> >virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
> >[....]
> >``````````````
> >
> >I have installed mailman here and to support virtual domain also have
> >the following at /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
> >

> >[....]
> >DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
> >
> >DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'
> >DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'list.mydomain.com'
> >MTA = 'Postfix'
> >POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
> >POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'
> >DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
> >SMTPPORT = '25'
> >add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
> >POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.infoservices.in']
> >IMAGE_LOGOS = '/mailmanicons/'
> >[....]
> >
> >and the master.cf has following
> >
> >[....]
> >mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
> >  flags=FR user=list argv=/etc/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py
> >    ${nexthop} ${user}
> >[....]
>

> You are mixing two different methods of delivering mail to Mailman. You
> want to use either aliases and virtual alias maps or
> postfix_to_mailman.py. These are separate methods and are not
> compatible with each other.
>
> Aliases/virtual maps are appropriate in all cases and can generally be
> automated with settings such as you have above in mm_cfg.py, however,
> you are missing a reference to
> hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman in virtual_alias_maps in
> main.cf.
>
> On the other hand, to use postfix_to_mailman.py which works well only
> if you have a dedicated domain for Mailman lists with no non-list
> addresses, you put "MTA = None" in mm_cfg.py and remove all the other
> Postfix stuff from mm_cfg.py. You also need something in
> transport_maps in Postfix to tell Postfix to use the 'mailman'
> transport for all mail to the 'list.mydomain.com' (or
> 'list.infoservices.in') domain. See the comments at the beginning of
> postfix_to_mailman.py for additional configuration information.

> [...]

Thanks for your great clarification. Please note I have some progress here
meantime and also some new problem.

[1] I have dedicated domain for mailman, but I have removed the
 postfix_to_mailman.py related part from master.cf

[2] I have added the mailman domain at mydestination.

Now after restarting postfix I can send mail without any error. Though don't know
how logiacl is to add the domain at mydestination. The mm_cfg.py is untouched

Please note there is no /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman here.

# rpm -qal mailman | grep vir
/usr/share/doc/packages/mailman/contrib/virtusertable

Now the problem is I get email error as

Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request typo3". Command output: Failure to
    exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 65533.