[Mailman-Users] mailman configuration issue with a functionalpostfix server

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Fri Sep 2 12:38:24 CEST 2011

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 16:07:34 +0200
"Ruud" <ruud at abuse.nl> wrote:

>  @ donderdag 1 september 2011 14:53 you wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> >
> > This is an open-suse 11.4 box with a postfix server, support
> > multidomain and functional since 2006.
> >
> > I have installed mailman here. I have followed the suse README file
> > shipped with this mailman package and done the configuration
> > accordingly.  I have created a list and can sent there subscription
> > request. the system also sent me back the mail having confirmation
> > code. Good.....  A reply to that message do noting and not get any
> > mail after sending reply to that again and again. So completed
> > subscription with web link.
> > Welcome mail sentarrived. Not bad till now. But when I sent mail to
> > the list, those mails are not distributed... :-( I think there is
> > something missing in postfix ( actually in the manual) that mailman
> > can't sent confirmation as well as distribute the mail to the list.
> >

> This sounds like you have forgotten to config all mailman needed
> mailaddresses  into your aliases file like /etc/aliases or what you use for
> the created list.
>
> Regards

I have created a list and also
copy paste the suggested aliases at /etc/aliases and executed "newalias"
command.

If I send a request to listname-request at list.mydomain.com I get an error from
postfix as

` ` ` `
 Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
` ` ` `

Do I need to create all such account required by mailman?

I am confused...... any clue is very much welcome.

TIA