[Mailman-Users] mailman configuration issue with a functional postfix server

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Thu Sep 1 14:52:33 CEST 2011

Hello list,

This is an open-suse 11.4 box with a postfix server, support multidomain
and functional since 2006.

I have installed mailman here. I have followed the suse README
file shipped with this mailman package and done the configuration
accordingly.  I have created a list and can sent there subscription
request. the system also sent me back the mail having confirmation code.
Good.....  A reply to that message do noting and not get any mail after sending
reply to that again and again. So completed subscription with web link.
Welcome mail sentarrived. Not bad till now. But when I sent mail to the list,
those mails are not distributed... :-( I think there is something missing
in postfix ( actually in the manual) that mailman can't sent confirmation as well
as distribute the mail to the list.

The main.cf and master.cf is unchanged as there is nothing
in README which advise to do any modification.

From mail.log it is seen the messages are successfully delivered
to the list account. No warning.

The welcome message is according to standard template and
the links given at that message are all working well.

Could someone kindly enlighten me to realize the missing link ?