[Mailman-Users] Outlook and priority messages to Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 27 23:14:12 CEST 2011

Christopher Adams wrote:

>If an individual sends a priority message via Outlook to a Mailman
>list, does it assume that it is a bcc?

No.

>I was able to verify that the
>person sent the message directly to the list, but the message was sent
>to the administrator with the "implicit destination" tag. I realize
>that I can control this behavior at the list or system level, but just
>looking for verification of this behavior.

Messages are held for "implicit destination" only if neither the list
address nor one of the Privacy options... -> Recipient filters ->
acceptable_aliases regexps is matched in a To: or Cc: header of the
post.

How did you verify the post was explicitly addressed to the list? Did
you see the list address in a To: or Cc: header in the copy of the
post in the held message notice? Did you see the list address in a To:
or Cc: header in the headers portion of the moderator approval page?
If you look at the message in
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox, do you see the list
address in a To: or Cc: header?