[Mailman-Users] Incorrect timezone in mailman-generated messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 21 21:11:03 CEST 2011

Brad Knowles wrote:

>Moreover, even if that header were put on before the message is handed to the MTA, I don't know that Mailman itself would be putting that header on -- I suspect that Mailman would use a Python library to do that, as opposed to doing it internally.

In the case of this particular message, Mailman creates the Date:
header using the Python library functions and data indicated in my
reply at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2011-October/072389.html>.

If these Python routines, particularly
email.Utils.formatdate(localtime=1), are returning the expected
results, this is almost certainly, as Brad suggested previously, a
case of needing to restart Mailman to refresh internally stored data.