[Mailman-Users] Incorrect timezone in mailman-generated messages

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Oct 21 17:36:34 CEST 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

>> This date header may have been put on by the local MTA on this machine, or it may have been put on by a Python library, but I don't think it was put on by Mailman itself.  Note that the time is still 15:54, but the timezone is wrong.
>
> Since it's "From: mailman-bounces at solvo.ru" "To: all-owner at solvo.ru"
> isn't that a mailman generated approval mail?

The message may have been generated by Mailman, but I am not 100% certain that Mailman always puts on whatever headers are required for a message, such as the Date header -- many MTAs will add headers like this for people/programs who generate messages to be sent but don't include them.

Moreover, even if that header were put on before the message is handed to the MTA, I don't know that Mailman itself would be putting that header on -- I suspect that Mailman would use a Python library to do that, as opposed to doing it internally.