[Mailman-Users] Empty emails to the list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 16 17:28:31 CEST 2011

Luke Tymowski wrote:

>> Check your list's content filtering. Do you accept text/html? What is the filter_action setting?
>
>The filter_action is set to convert html mail to plain text.
>I've used 3 different MUAs to send html formatted mail to Mailman, and depending on the list settings I try, the mail is either passed through as html or converted to plain text without issue.

The various content-type filters are applied before
convert_html_to_plaintext. Thus, you must have text/html in
pass_mime_types in order to accept and convert the HTML part.

If this is not the answer, there is prfobably some issue with
HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/7YA9>.

You may be mistaking selection of a text/plain alternative for HTML to
plain text conversion.