[Mailman-Users] inactivating bounce processing to speed up list performance

Lluis Montoliu montoliu at cnb.csic.es
Wed Nov 23 09:53:01 CET 2011

Dear listers,
I eventually traced that my mailman installation is delaying the
distribution of messages because it is trapped in a bunch of "bounce
processing", dealing with undelivered messages, etc... in this regard,
could I simply inactivate bounce processing? If I do so I should expect
an increase in speed and performance of mailman and a decrease in
delays, but I might risk that some members, whose messages could not be
delivered for whatever reasons, might loose some of these messages. Is
that so? Would you recommend setting Mailman to not performing bounce
processing to improve its performance?
thanks
Lluis