[Mailman-Users] http / https interfaces

Pierrik Le Guennec - Domicile leguennec.pierrik at orange.fr
Sun Nov 20 16:34:28 CET 2011

Hello,

I have installer last maiman on debian lenny, by apt-get.

There are 404 errors for interfaces on a domain.
http://<domain>/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/<list>

There are mail warnings :
Nov 18 13:38:02 <server> postfix/postmap[5085]: warning:
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db: duplicate entry: "<list>@<domain>"
(and other aliases)

/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases seems ok.
But /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman has a problem :
there are several lists of <domain> which are not deleted.

I tried to delete and recreate the list, same problem. And same problem
with all lists on that domain.

After reinstalling mailman, I have almost the same problem.

Now, there are no errors with virtual-mailman.db. But if I delete a list
of this domain, it stays in virtual-mailman. For others domains, no problem.

I have found that web admin/users interfaces are https URLs for the
domain mail of this list, and not http URL.

And the links from admin/users interfaces are https URLs, and coded as
http URLs.

In mm_cfg.py, there is
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

And no https directive in <domain>.vhost

Mystery...

Where can I search ?

Thanks !