[Mailman-Users] Issues with mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 15 17:35:04 CET 2011

Chris Petrik wrote:

>I ran check-perms -f it fixed a couple perms, but did not fix the
>
>File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 549, in __save
>     os.link(fname, fname_last)
>OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted
>
>I am not using selinux as the OS is FreeBSD not sure where else to look.

Look in Mailman's lists/LISTNAME/ directory. I think you will see one
config.pck file, no config.pck.last file and one or more
config.pck.tmp.* files.

As the Mailman user (_mailman on FreeBSD ?) try to cd to the
lists/LISTNAME/ directory and for one (or the only) config.pck.tmp.*
file try

ln config.pck.tmp.whatever config.pck.last

If that fails, figure out why.