[Mailman-Users] Automating Mailman Archive Maintenance

C Nulk CNulk at scu.edu
Mon May 23 18:44:05 CEST 2011

Thank you very much, Mark.  I appreciate the information and help.

I have written a small php app which uses the imap libraries to open and
process the mbox files.  Given a time frame, the app will mark for
deletion or remove any messages older than the time frame.  Now to write
a script to call bin/arch for each of the lists I process with my php
app.  I think I will still shutdown mailman when I run the php app since
I don't have any way to check on any locks.  Afterwards, I can restart
Mailman, then call the script to rebuild the archives.

The combination of the two apps/scripts will allow us to automate
removing old archives.  Run once a month for marking old messages, then
once a year to remove marked messages.  We can then keep a running 2 - 3
year archive going.

Thanks again,
Chris