[Mailman-Users] Detecting mail with multiple From: lines

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon May 23 18:01:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Jay A. Sekora wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 11:06 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> What's the legitimate use case for multiple From headers?

> Mail sent on behalf of a group, such as mail from a committee or from
> the multiple authors of a paper, where you want people's individual
> addresses and names exposed

But surely that does not require multiple From lines, like a message
addressed to many persons does not have multiple To lines, but a To (or
From) line consisting of a list of addresses.

I've used myself a From (and/or a Reply-To) line listing more than one
addresses (inserting them at MUA level in the ONLY From line allowed by
the MUA), when I wanted replies forced to more than one address.