[Mailman-Users] Getting Spam from Banned Address

菊地時夫 tokio.kikuchi at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:38:08 CEST 2011

(11/05/03 11:50), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> 菊地時夫 writes:
>
>   >  How about putting that spam address in header_filter_rules in
>   >  private/spam interface and set it 'discard'.
>
> He's already doing that, with an address that the user has abandoned.
> The new problem address is "legitimate", which I presume means a list
> member.

No.  He put the address in discard_these_nonmembers on the
private/sender page but not have mentioned the private/spam settings.

I believe if you set the spam address in header_filter_rules of
privacy/spam page, the message should be discarded even if other
legitimate addresses are listed in from header.

If you can't find header_filter_rules in private/spam interface, its
time to upgrade your mailman installation.  It was 2006 when I
introduced this function in SpamDetect.py (mailman-2.1.8).

Tokio Kikuchi, tokio.kikuchi at gmail.com