[Mailman-Users] Installing latest Mailman updates via automaticbash script file possible?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Mar 30 18:11:05 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 08:19:46AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> René Linke wrote:
> >In one of a short news of the upcoming Ubuntu 11.04 is the latest
> >Mailman version available then. My provider don't accept any Kernel
> >upgrades.
>
> This is really a Debian/Ubuntu question and not a mailman question, but
> how about
>
> apt-get update mailman

Or find a PPA (there are a couple out there), and whack the necessary
lines in sources.list(5), then

    apt-get update && apt-get (upgrade|install) mailman

 -- you may need to check pinning (see 'man apt_preferences')

Those with a more cavalier streak may find grabbing the .deb for a
newer (base) version and thence 'dpkg -i''ing the .deb works, ( a
drawback is you won't necessarily get security updates), or indeed,
looking in backports.

YMMV.

--
"Of course we are not patronising women. We are just going to explain to
  them, in words of one syllable, what it is all about."