[Mailman-Users] Booting off via email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 30 00:02:16 CEST 2011

bruceclark at icon.co.za wrote:

>I have 2 problems at the same time.
>
>1. A massive electrical storm took out computer/router/phone lines. I'm left with Blackberry for next few days.
>2. A member is spamming my list and I want to boot him off.
>
>My question: can I boot him off via an email command? If so, what is it? I can't connect to get to the FAQ.

If you know the user's list password, you can send the command

to the list-request address. That's the only way. The list admin
password won't work, you need to provide the user's list password, and
without the user's password, you can't unsubscribe her without her
getting and responding to a confirmation.