[Mailman-Users] Neither the list admin or moderator getting notications on new susbriptions

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Thu Mar 24 01:04:14 CET 2011

On 3/23/11 4:51 PM, "Mark Sapiro" <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 3/23/2011 3:42 PM, Rob Tanner wrote:
>>
>> I forgot to mention, the option ³Should the list moderators get
>> immediate notice of new requests, as well as daily notices about
>> collected ones?² is set to yes, so is there another switch as well or
>> is something broken on my site?
>>
>> On 3/23/11 3:27 PM, "Rob Tanner" <rtanner at linfield.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I set up a list that requires confirm and approval for new
>> subscriptions.
>

> Since admin_immed_notify is Yes, the explanation is probably "confirm
> and approval". With this subscribe policy, the subscription requires
> confirmation by the user before it is passed to the admins/moderators
> for approval. There will be nothing requiring moderator action until the
> user confirms via web or email.

That I'm aware of.  I subscribed myself via my personal email to avoid any
confusion with me as a list admin.  My request did not appear as a pending
subscription request until after I clicked the link on the confirmation
email.  At that point an email notifying me of a pending request should have
been sent to my list admin email address.  No such message was sent, and
that's the problem.

~ Rob