[Mailman-Users] ORIGINAL EMAIL NOT RECEIVED BUT REPLIES ARE

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 23 20:56:46 CET 2011

Michael Henry wrote:

>I use Mailman 2.1.13 through a webhosting service (Host Monster).  I have
>kept my lists to less than 100 members.  I believe my services are on a
>shared server because I don't pay extra for a dedicated Server.  On several
>occasions, when I send an email some people don't receive it.but if another
>person responds with "reply all", the person(s) who didn't receive the
>original message received the reply message.  On one occasion the domain
>affected was an aol address and another was Comcast.  It doesn't appear to
>happen all the time (at least as far as I know).  Any idea what the cause of
>this might be?

It is virtually impossible to say without access to Mailman's logs and
the outgoing MTA logs. You will probably have to pursue this with Host
Monster.

Have the affected recipients checked their spam or junk folders for the
missing mail?

The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4oA9> may or may not be relevant.