[Mailman-Users] Clear the "Importance:" flag (or how to clear certain headers)?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 15 19:39:27 CET 2011

On 3/15/2011 6:10 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> One of my lists' members is complaining about the "Importance:" flag
> not being cleared for mails passing through the list:

[...]
> So, how can I clear that header line from mails passing through that
> particualr list?

Mailman ignores all headers that it is not specifically interested in.

You could use header_filter_rules to hold or reject incoming mail with
an Importance: header in an attempt to train users not to post with that
header.

The cleanest way to actually remove it would be with a custom handler
included in the pipeline for the specific list. See
<http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9> for info on custom handlers.