[Mailman-Users] Messages approved never show up on list

Doug Gaff doug.gaff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:47:20 CET 2011

text/html is definitely missing from pass_mime_type. I can add that, but I'm wondering why that type isn't included by default in the install. Are there other problems that this introduces?

I've sent html to this list before via Outlook 2007, but this particular user is using Outlook 2010. Guess something changed.

Thanks for the tips.

On Mar 10, 2011, at 1:32 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Doug Gaff writes:
>
>> This person is not subscribed to the list. They send a message, and
>> the moderator approves the message, but it never shows up on the
>> list.

[...]
> The most probable reason for the discard is that the person violated
> the content rules of the list.  A typical scenario is that (1) they
> post in HTML-only format, (2) the list is set to strip HTML, and (3)
> the message ends up empty of content once the HTML is stripped.
> Without seeing your full configuration, and perhaps a sample message,
> it's hard to say, though.

Not only is auto-discard by content filtering the most likely
explanation, in the case of auto-discard following moderator approval.
it is the only explanation. The other possible auto-discards would
have either occured before the post's being held for moderator
approval or would have been bypassed for an approved post.