[Mailman-Users] FAQ 4.70 - Renaming a List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 4 19:12:07 CET 2011

Barry Finkel wrote:

>The FAQ page
>
>      4.70. How do I change the name of (rename) a list?
>
>is missing one command at the end:
>
>      /usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases

Just below the

bin/arch --wipe newlist

command, it says

Finally, if your MTA uses aliases for mailman lists rather than some
process that automatically understands list names from the contents of
the lists/ directory, you will have to update your aliases. If you do
this manually, edit your aliases to change 'oldlist' to 'newlist' (a
total of 2 changes per alias for 10 aliases), and then run
'newaliases' or whatever command rebuilds your alias database. It you
have Postfix/Mailman integration, just run bin/genaliases.

What should I do to make this more obvious? I just put the
"bin/genaliases" part in a code box like the other commands. Does that
help?