[Mailman-Users] How to export users with ALL flags and infos and import to new server?

Snaky Love snakylove at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:07:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just realized that there does not seem to be a way to export / import
users with ALL user flags and user info... I know list_members, but this
does not seem to help with all flags, also I found some adwark script that
scrapes the mailman admin web interface (?) - however it does not store
language settings for all users... also it just exports to an excel file for
reporting, but there does not seem to be a way to import the users back into
a fresh mailman install... ???

Certainly I am not the first user who would like to copy a few mailing lists
over to another server - I did not expect that this will be a major issue -
how can this be achieved? I am not able to just copy the config.pck files,
because the new server is a hosted mailman install, also there is a major
version jump and I can not find any documentation on format changes of these
files across versions... so I would like to use the commandline tools, but
still maintain all available user info to appear in exactly the same way on
the new host.

Thank you very much for your attention!
Snaky