[Mailman-Users] Server Configuration..

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 25 19:39:05 CEST 2011

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>we are a local TV station & newspaper having a mailing list with 2+ Million Subscribers.. what is the best server configuration (CPU, RAM) that can handle this list? taking in consideration that only 1 daily email is sent to the subscribers..

Consider that likely much more than half the impact is going to be from
the MTA rather than Mailman. Perhaps you should be asking on a list
specific to your MTA.

I would suggest at a minimum that you could reduce your Mailman impact
by breaking up your list into perhaps 240 roughly equal sub-lists and
sending the post to one list at a time at 6 minute intervals. Then if
your system can complete delivery of the post from one sub-list to its
8500+- members in under 6 minutes, you should be OK.