[Mailman-Users] Mailman, Postfix & virtual domains

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 25 19:28:38 CEST 2011

On 6/24/2011 6:29 AM, Aranel Doriath wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have Centos 5.5 server with Postfix, configured to work in AD, and i want to add the mailman aliases:
>
> main.cf:
> virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-groups.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-groups2.cf, hash:/etc/postfix/valias
>
> /etc/postfix/aliases looks like:
> mailman at pmz.local              "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

This alias is not correct. You should consider Mailman/Postfix
integration as discussed at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html>. In any case, the left
part of the alias (in alias_maps) should be a local_part only and
terminated with a colon as

mailman:    "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

If you need virtual mappings (virtual_alias_maps), those entries look like

mailman at pmz.local      mailman

and map the virtual domain address mailman at pmz.local to the local
address mailman which is in turn mapped to the pipe by alias_maps.

> But i recieved this:
>
> "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"@melchior.kolos.local> (expanded from <mailman at pmz.local>): unknown user: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
>
> How can i connect Mailman to Postfix?

It is hard to say for sure without at least the output of 'postconf -n',
but it looks like you may have a file containing aliases that belongs in
alias_maps included in virtual_alias_maps instead or in addition.

There are many threads on this subject in the archives of this list. See
the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIA9> for information on searching
the archives.