[Mailman-Users] Question concerning list of members as relay_recipients in postfix

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 16 17:30:26 CEST 2011

On 6/15/2011 11:52 PM, Peter Sørensen wrote:

> Due to this I need to make the postfix on the mailman server aware of what addresses to handle and reject anything else.
>
> This is not a big problem but before I dig into this and make a script I would ask if this is already done.
>
> I have the listnames in virtual-mailman and can get a list of members with the script list_members.

I don't understand the problem? Doesn't Postfix already reject mail for
unknown recipients? The only Mailman recipients are the listname(-*)@...
addresses that Postfix already knows via data/virtual-mailman and
data/aliases. If there are also list members on the mailman server, they
should have mailboxes or be otherwise deliverable. The only Mailman
related mail to list members is outgoing mail.