[Mailman-Users] Injecting old lists into a new mailman aliases setup

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 15 03:19:00 CEST 2011

Steven Jones wrote:

>I have followed http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/How+do+I+move+a+list+to+a+different+server-Mailman+installation.
>
>and got to,
>
>withlist -l -r fix_url listname
>
>but I find that afetr running that the lists info has not been put into in /etc/mailman/aliases  file (Redhat default location) so obviously I cant send to the lists....
>
>Also is there a way to tell mailman to look into ~lists and do them all at once?

The third section of that FAQ prior to the numbered steps contains the
paragraph:

  Finally, you also need to update the MTA aliases. Run
  <mailman>/bin/genaliases to generate the list (or actually
  update if you've configured Mailman for you MTA).

which should answer your question.

That entire FAQ article suffers from too many authors and too much
obsolete information. Maybe someone will clean it up.