[Mailman-Users] Minimal Mailboxes Question

Tue Jun 14 16:10:14 CEST 2011

On 6/14/11 9:53 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> Due to various reasons, I had to change my site name from 'mailman' to
> something else. It is not clear from the documentation what mailboxes
> are really required. The site list is not used for anything other than
> processing reminders and other administrative functions. What I need to
> know is what names are required for proper function. I am limited by my
> ISP to the number of subaccounts I can have so I can't have more than
> the absolute essentials. For a regular mailing list I have the following
> mailboxes:
>
> <name>
> <name>-owner
> <name>-confirm
> <name>-join
> <name>-leave
> <name>-request
>
> For the site list I have:
>
> <sitename>-owner
> <sitename>-bounces
>
> For the most part this seems to be working under normal circumstances.
> What happens to mail from the regular list that bounces? Do I need
> <name>-bounces or does it go to<sitename>-bounces? Are these mailboxes
> sufficient or do I need others (I can add a maximum of 2 more)
> particularly when something goes wrong. It seems like my problem area is
> when something bad happens, I don't get notified. That is the reason I
> had to change my site name so I can retrieve bounces.
>
> TIA.

Bounces to a list email message go to <listname>-bounces, so you
probably need that one. There is also <listname>-admin defined, which I
think is just an alias for <listname>-bounces, and I don't think the
list itself actually addresses anything to that.

--
Richard Damon