[Mailman-Users] Email commands aren't working

Pete Bell macbantam at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 14 13:37:02 CEST 2011

Mailmanit doesn't seem to be changing the settings of user options by email commands as it should.

Subscribing is excellent, so I *know* it is receiving the commands by email correctly, and I am CC'ing the emails to myself so that I *know* they are going to Mailman in the correct format, and I *know* they are going to the right address!

However, an email which has a subject line of:-

set authenticate XXXX address=yyyy at zzzz.com set delivery off

...*should* turn the delivery of list emails *off* for the member who is subscribed at yyyy at zzzz.com with a password of "XXXX"

But it isn't doing it.

I even receive an email back saying "done", but the membership roster does not show that delivery is turned off for that member.

I have also tested set ack on and set digest plain and so on.  Nothing is working except my subscription requests.

Any ideas please?  For me, Mailman is a server-wide installation shared by all lists on the server. It's not mine alone.

Cheers
Pete